1. brake - noun
· a restraint used to slow or stop a vehicle
2. brake - noun
· any of various ferns of the genus Pteris having pinnately compound leaves and including several popular houseplants
3. brake - noun
· large coarse fern often several feet high; essentially weed ferns; cosmopolitan
4. brake - noun
· an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant
5. brake - noun
· anything that slows or hinders a process; "she wan not ready to put the brakes on her life with a marriage"; "new legislation will put the brakes on spending"
6. brake - verb
· stop travelling by applying a brake; "We had to brake suddenly when a chicken crossed the road"
7. brake - verb
· cause to stop by applying the brakes; "brake the car before you go into a curve"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.