1. bitter - noun
· English term for a dry sharp-tasting ale with strong flavor of hops (usually on draft)
2. bitter - noun
· the taste experience when quinine or coffee is taken into the mouth
3. bitter - noun
· the property of having a harsh unpleasant taste
4. bitter - verb
· make bitter
5. bitter - adjective
· marked by strong resentment or cynicism; "an acrimonious dispute"; "bitter about the divorce"
6. bitter - adjective
· very difficult to accept or bear; "the bitter truth"; "a bitter sorrow"
7. bitter - adjective
· harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
8. bitter - adjective
· expressive of severe grief or regret; "shed bitter tears"
9. bitter - adjective
· proceeding from or exhibiting great hostility or animosity; "a bitter struggle"; "bitter enemies"
10. bitter - adjective
· causing a sharp and acrid taste experience; "quinine is bitter"
11. bitter - adjective
· causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold; "bitter cold"; "a biting wind"
12. bitter - adverb
· extremely and sharply; "it was bitterly cold"; "bitter cold"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.