1. bar - noun
· a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter; "he drowned his sorrows in whiskey at the bar"
2. bar - noun
· a counter where you can obtain food or drink; "he bought a hot dog and a coke at the bar"
3. bar - noun
· a rigid piece of metal or wood; usually used as a fastening or obstruction or weapon; "there were bars in the windows to prevent escape"
4. bar - noun
· musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
5. bar - noun
· an obstruction (usually metal) placed at the top of a goal; "it was an excellent kick but the ball hit the bar"
6. bar - noun
· the act of preventing; "there was no bar against leaving"; "money was allocated to study the cause and prevention of influenza"
7. bar - noun
· (meteorology) a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter; "unfortunately some writers have used bar for one dyne per square centimeter"
8. bar - noun
· a submerged (or partly submerged) ridge in a river or along a shore; "the boat ran aground on a submerged bar in the river"
9. bar - noun
· the body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction; "he was admitted to the bar in New Jersey"
10. bar - noun
· a narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background; "a green toad with small black stripes or bars"; "may the Stars and Stripes forever wave"
11. bar - noun
· a block of solid substance (such as soap or wax); "a bar of chocolate"
12. bar - noun
· a portable .30 caliber automatic rifle operated by gas pressure and fed by cartridges from a magazine; used by United States troops in World War I and in World War II and in the Korean War
13. bar - noun
· a horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts as they perform exercises
14. bar - noun
· a heating element in an electric fire; "an electric fire with three bars"
15. bar - noun
· (law) a railing that encloses the part of the courtroom where the judges and lawyers sit and the case is tried; "spectators were not allowed past the bar"
16. bar - verb
· prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
17. bar - verb
· render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
18. bar - verb
· expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
19. bar - verb
· secure with, or as if with, bars; "He barred the door"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.