1. avoid - verb
· stay clear from; keep away from; keep out of the way of someone or something; "Her former friends now avoid her"
2. avoid - verb
· prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
3. avoid - verb
· refrain from doing something; "She refrains from calling her therapist too often"; "He should avoid publishing his wife's memories"
4. avoid - verb
· refrain from certain foods or beverages; "I keep off drugs"; "During Ramadan, Muslims avoid tobacco during the day"
5. avoid - verb
· declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.