1. average - noun
· a statistic describing the location of a distribution; "it set the norm for American homes"
2. average - noun
· (sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities
3. average - noun
· an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual; "he is about average in height"; "the snowfall this month is below average"
4. average - verb
· amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain; "The number of hours I work per work averages out to 40"
5. average - verb
· achieve or reach on average; "He averaged a C"
6. average - verb
· compute the average of
7. average - adjective
· approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value; "the average income in New England is below that of the nation"; "of average height for his age"; "the mean annual rainfall"
8. average - adjective
· lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered; "average people"; "the ordinary (or common) man in the street"
9. average - adjective
· lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best"
10. average - adjective
· around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
11. average - adjective
· relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution; "the modal age at which American novelists reach their peak is 30"
12. average - adjective
· relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values); "the median value of 17, 20, and 36 is 20"; "the median income for the year was $15,000"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.