1. assay - noun
· an appraisal of the state of affairs; "they made an assay of the contents"; "a check on its dependability under stress"
2. assay - noun
· a substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components
3. assay - noun
· a written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
4. assay - noun
· a quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
5. assay - verb
· analyze (chemical substances)
6. assay - verb
· make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.