1. ascending - noun
· the act of changing location in an upward direction
2. ascend - verb
· travel up; "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope"
3. ascend - verb
· go back in order of genealogical succession; "Inheritance may not ascend linearly"
4. ascend - verb
· become king or queen; "She ascended to the throne after the King's death"
5. ascend - verb
· appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils; "the vine climbed up the side of the house"
6. ascend - verb
· go along towards (a river's) source; "The boat ascended the Delaware"
7. ascend - verb
· slope upwards; "The path ascended to the top of the hill"
8. ascend - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
9. ascend - verb
· move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown"
10. ascending - adjective
· moving or going or growing upward; "the ascending plane"; "the ascending staircase"; "the ascending stems of chickweed"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.