1. ascending - noun
· the act of changing location in an upward direction
2. ascend - verb
· travel up; "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope"
3. ascend - verb
· go back in order of genealogical succession; "Inheritance may not ascend linearly"
4. ascend - verb
· become king or queen; "She ascended to the throne after the King's death"
5. ascend - verb
· appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils; "the vine climbed up the side of the house"
6. ascend - verb
· go along towards (a river's) source; "The boat ascended the Delaware"
7. ascend - verb
· slope upwards; "The path ascended to the top of the hill"
8. ascend - verb
· come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
9. ascend - verb
· move to a better position in life or to a better job; "She ascended from a life of poverty to one of great renown"
10. ascending - adjective
· moving or going or growing upward; "the ascending plane"; "the ascending staircase"; "the ascending stems of chickweed"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.