1. arrest - noun
· the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal); "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
2. arrest - noun
· the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
3. arrest - verb
· take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
4. arrest - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
5. arrest - verb
· attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
6. arrest - verb
· cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.