1. apart - adjective
· remote and separate physically or socially; "existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson; "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"; "an obscure village"
2. apart - adjective
· having characteristics not shared by others; "scientists felt they were a group apart"- Vannever Bush
3. apart - adverb
· separated or at a distance in place or position or time; "These towns are many miles apart"; "stood with his legs apart"; "born two years apart"
4. apart - adverb
· not taken into account or excluded from consideration; "these problems apart, the country is doing well"; "all joking aside, I think you're crazy"
5. apart - adverb
· away from another or others; "they grew apart over the years"; "kept apart from the group out of shyness"; "decided to live apart"
6. apart - adverb
· placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose; "had a feeling of being set apart"; "quality sets it apart"; "a day set aside for relaxing"
7. apart - adverb
· one from the other; "people can't tell the twins apart"
8. apart - adverb
· into parts or pieces; "he took his father's watch apart"; "split apart"; "torn asunder"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.