1. answer - noun
· a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
2. answer - noun
· a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; "they were trying to find a peaceful solution"; "the answers were in the back of the book"; "he computed the result to four decimal places"
3. answer - noun
· the speech act of replying to a question
4. answer - noun
· the principal pleading by the defendant in response to plaintiff's complaint; in criminal law it consists of the defendant's plea of `guilty' or `not guilty' (or nolo contendere); in civil law it must contain denials of all allegations in the plaintiff's complaint that the defendant hopes to controvert and it can contain affirmative defenses or counterclaims
5. answer - noun
· a nonverbal reaction; "his answer to any problem was to get drunk"; "their answer was to sue me"
6. answer - verb
· react verbally; "She didn't want to answer"; "answer the question"; "We answered that we would accept the invitation"
7. answer - verb
· respond to a signal; "answer the door"; "answer the telephone"
8. answer - verb
· give the correct answer or solution to; "answer a question"; "answer the riddle"
9. answer - verb
· understand the meaning of; "The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
10. answer - verb
· give a defence or refutation of (a charge) or in (an argument); "The defendant answered to all the charges of the prosecution"
11. answer - verb
· be liable or accountable; "She must answer for her actions"
12. answer - verb
· be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity; "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A `B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will serve"
13. answer - verb
· match or correspond; "The drawing of the suspect answers to the description the victim gave"
14. answer - verb
· be satisfactory for; meet the requirements of or serve the purpose of; "This may answer her needs"
15. answer - verb
· react to a stimulus or command; "The steering of my new car answers to the slightest touch"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.