1. anchor - noun
· a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
2. anchor - noun
· a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm"
3. anchor - noun
· a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
4. anchor - verb
· fix firmly and stably; "anchor the lamppost in concrete"
5. anchor - verb
· secure a vessel with an anchor; "We anchored at Baltimore"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.