1. agitate - verb
· try to stir up public opinion
2. agitate - verb
· cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
3. agitate - verb
· exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
4. agitate - verb
· move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
5. agitate - verb
· move or cause to move back and forth; "The chemist shook the flask vigorously"; "My hands were shaking"
6. agitate - verb
· change the arrangement or position of
7. agitating - adjective
· causing or tending to cause anger or resentment; "a provoking delay at the airport"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.