1. advance - verb
· move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
2. advance - verb
· bring forward for consideration or acceptance; "advance an argument"
3. advance - verb
· increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
4. advance - verb
· contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
5. advance - verb
· cause to move forward; "Can you move the car seat forward?"
6. advance - verb
· obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"; "win points"
7. advance - verb
· develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
8. advance - verb
· develop further; "We are advancing technology every day"
9. advance - verb
· give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
10. advance - verb
· pay in advance; "Can you advance me some money?"
11. advance - verb
· move forward; "we have to advance clocks and watches when we travel eastward"
12. advance - verb
· rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today"
13. advancing - adjective
· moving forward
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.