1. acknowledge - verb
· declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
2. acknowledge - verb
· report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
3. acknowledge - verb
· express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
4. acknowledge - verb
· express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
5. acknowledge - verb
· accept as legally binding and valid; "acknowledge the deed"
6. acknowledge - verb
· accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.