1. accent - noun
· distinctive manner of oral expression; "he couldn't suppress his contemptuous accent"; "she had a very clear speech pattern"
2. accent - noun
· special importance or significance; "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"; "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents"
3. accent - noun
· the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people; "the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English"; "he has a strong German accent"; "it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy"
4. accent - noun
· the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch); "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
5. accent - noun
· a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
6. accent - verb
· to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
7. accent - verb
· put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.