1. trap - noun
· a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned
2. trap - noun
· drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas
3. trap - noun
· something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares; "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
4. trap - noun
· a device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters
5. trap - noun
· the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise
6. trap - noun
· informal terms for the mouth
7. trap - noun
· a light two-wheeled carriage
8. trap - noun
· a hazard on a golf course
9. trap - verb
· place in a confining or embarrassing position; "He was trapped in a difficult situation"
10. trap - verb
· catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
11. trap - verb
· hold or catch as if in a trap; "The gaps between the teeth trap food particles"
12. trap - verb
· to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.