1. tame - verb
· correct by punishment or discipline
2. tame - verb
· make less strong or intense; soften; "Tone down that aggressive letter"; "The author finally tamed some of his potentially offensive statements"
3. tame - verb
· adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment; "domesticate oats"; "tame the soil"
4. tame - verb
· overcome the wildness of; make docile and tractable; "He tames lions for the circus"; "reclaim falcons"
5. tame - verb
· make fit for cultivation, domestic life, and service to humans; "The horse was domesticated a long time ago"; "The wolf was tamed and evolved into the house dog"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.