1. suppress - verb
· bring under control by force or authority; "suppress a nascent uprising"; "stamp down on littering"; "conquer one's desires"
2. suppress - verb
· come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority; "The government oppresses political activists"
3. suppress - verb
· consciously restrain from showing; of emotions, desires, impulses, or behavior; "suppress a smile"; "he let his anger bottle up until he exploded"
4. suppress - verb
· put out of one's consciousness
5. suppress - verb
· lessen to the point of stopping; "suppress a yawn"; "this drug can suppress the hemorrhage"
6. suppressed - adjective
· kept from public knowledge by various means
7. suppressed - adjective
· manifesting or subjected to suppression; "a suppressed press"
8. suppressed - adjective
· held in check with difficulty; "a smothered cough"; "a stifled yawn"; "a strangled scream"; "suppressed laughter"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.