1. style - noun
· how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
2. style - noun
· a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period; "all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper"
3. style - noun
· a particular kind (as to appearance); "this style of shoe is in demand"
4. style - noun
· the popular taste at a given time; "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
5. style - noun
· (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
6. style - noun
· editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
7. style - noun
· distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
8. style - noun
· a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving; "he drew the design on the stencil with a steel stylus"
9. style - noun
· a slender bristlelike or tubular process; "a cartilaginous style"
10. style - verb
· designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
11. style - verb
· make consistent with a certain fashion or style; "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
12. style - verb
· make consistent with certain rules of style; "style a manuscript"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.