1. stone - noun
· a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter; "he threw a rock at me"
2. stone - noun
· building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special stone to mark the site"
3. stone - noun
· material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust; "that mountain is solid rock"; "stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
4. stone - noun
· a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry; "he had the gem set in a ring for his wife"; "she had jewels made of all the rarest stones"
5. stone - noun
· an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds; "a heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty stone"
6. stone - noun
· the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed; "you should remove the stones from prunes before cooking"
7. stone - noun
· United States jurist who was named chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1941 by Franklin D. Roosevelt (1872-1946)
8. stone - noun
· United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
9. stone - noun
· United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
10. stone - noun
· United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
11. stone - noun
· United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as chief justice (1872-1946)
12. stone - noun
· United States architect (1902-1978)
13. stone - noun
· a lack of feeling or expression or movement; "he must have a heart of stone"; "her face was as hard as stone"
14. stone - verb
· kill by throwing stones at; "People wanted to stone the woman who had a child out of wedlock"
15. stone - verb
· remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.