1. still - noun
· a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes); "he wanted some stills for a magazine ad"
2. still - noun
· (poetic) tranquil silence; "the still of the night"
3. still - noun
· an apparatus used for the distillation of liquids; consists of a vessel in which a substance is vaporized by heat and a condenser where the vapor is condensed
4. still - noun
· a plant and works where alcoholic drinks are made by distillation
5. still - verb
· make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
6. still - verb
· cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
7. still - verb
· lessen the intensity of or calm; "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"
8. still - verb
· make motionless
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.