1. sponge - noun
· a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used
2. sponge - noun
· someone able to acquire new knowledge and skills rapidly and easily; "she soaks up foreign languages like a sponge"
3. sponge - noun
· a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage
4. sponge - noun
· primitive multicellular marine animal whose porous body is supported by a fibrous skeletal framework; usually occurs in sessile colonies
5. sponge - verb
· wipe with a sponge, so as to clean or moisten
6. sponge - verb
· ask for and get free; be a parasite
7. sponge - verb
· erase with a sponge; as of words on a blackboard
8. sponge - verb
· soak up with a sponge
9. sponge - verb
· gather sponges, in the ocean
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.