1. sober - verb
· cause to become sober; "A sobering thought"
2. sober - verb
· become more realistic; "After thinking about the potential consequences of his plan, he sobered up"
3. sober - verb
· become sober after excessive alcohol consumption; "Keep him in bed until he sobers up"
4. sober - adjective
· not affected by a chemical substance (especially alcohol)
5. sober - adjective
· dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises; "a grave God-fearing man"; "a quiet sedate nature"; "as sober as a judge"; "a solemn promise"; "the judge was solemn as he pronounced sentence"
6. sober - adjective
· lacking brightness or color; dull; "drab faded curtains"; "sober Puritan grey"; "children in somber brown clothes"
7. sober - adjective
· completely lacking in playfulness
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.