1. slip - verb
· move stealthily; "The ship slipped away in the darkness"
2. slip - verb
· insert inconspicuously or quickly or quietly; "He slipped some money into the waiter's hand"
3. slip - verb
· move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
4. slip - verb
· get worse; "My grades are slipping"
5. slip - verb
· move smoothly and easily; "the bolt slipped into place"; "water slipped from the polished marble"
6. slip - verb
· to make a mistake or be incorrect
7. slip - verb
· pass on stealthily; "He slipped me the key when nobody was looking"
8. slip - verb
· move easily; "slip into something comfortable"
9. slip - verb
· cause to move with a smooth or sliding motion; "he slipped the bolt into place"
10. slip - verb
· pass out of one's memory
11. slip - verb
· move out of position; "dislocate joints"; "the artificial hip joint luxated and had to be put back surgically"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.