1. sinking - noun
· a descent as through liquid (especially through water); "they still talk about the sinking of the Titanic"
2. sinking - noun
· a slow fall or decline (as for lack of strength); "after several hours of sinking an unexpected rally rescued the market"; "he could not control the sinking of his legs"
3. sinking - noun
· a feeling caused by uneasiness or apprehension; "with a sinking heart"; "a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach"
4. sink - verb
· fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
5. sink - verb
· cause to sink; "The Japanese sank American ships in Pearl Harbor"
6. sink - verb
· pass into a specified state or condition; "He sank into nirvana"
7. sink - verb
· go under; "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
8. sink - verb
· descend into or as if into some soft substance or place; "He sank into bed"; "She subsided into the chair"
9. sink - verb
· appear to move downward; "The sun dipped below the horizon"; "The setting sun sank below the tree line"
10. sink - verb
· fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly; "The real estate market fell off"
11. sink - verb
· fall or sink heavily; "He slumped onto the couch"; "My spirits sank"
12. sink - verb
· embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.