1. shorten - verb
· make shorter than originally intended; reduce or retrench in length or duration; "He shortened his trip due to illness"
2. shorten - verb
· reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
3. shorten - verb
· make short or shorter; "shorten the skirt"; "shorten the rope by a few inches"
4. shorten - verb
· become short or shorter; "In winter, the days shorten"
5. shorten - verb
· edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate; "bowdlerize a novel"
6. shortened - adjective
· cut short; "a sawed-off shotgun"; "a sawed-off broomstick"; "the shortened rope was easier to use"
7. shortened - adjective
· cut short in duration; "the abbreviated speech"; "her shortened life was clearly the result of smoking"; "an unsatisfactory truncated conversation"
8. shortened - adjective
· shortened by or as if by means of parts that slide one within another or are crushed one into another; "a miracle that anyone survived in the telescoped cars"; "years that seemed telescoped like time in a dream"
9. shortened - adjective
· with parts removed; "the drastically cut film"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.