1. short - noun
· the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
2. short - noun
· accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
3. short - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
4. short - verb
· cheat someone by not returning him enough money
5. short - verb
· create a short circuit in
6. short - adjective
· primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration; "a short life"; "a short flight"; "a short holiday"; "a short story"; "only a few short months"
7. short - adjective
· (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length; "short skirts"; "short hair"; "the board was a foot short"; "a short toss"
8. short - adjective
· low in stature; not tall; "he was short and stocky"; "short in stature"; "a short smokestack"; "a little man"
9. short - adjective
· of insufficient quantity to meet a need; "an inadequate income"; "a poor salary"; "money is short"; "on short rations"; "food is in short supply"; "short on experience"; "the jejune diets of the very poor"
10. short - adjective
· (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range; "a short memory"
11. short - adjective
· not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices; "a short sale"; "short in cotton"
12. short - adjective
· of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration; "the English vowel sounds in `pat', `pet', `pit', `pot', putt' are short"
13. short - adjective
· less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so; "a light pound"; "a scant cup of sugar"; "regularly gives short weight"
14. short - adjective
· lacking foresight or scope; "a short view of the problem"; "shortsighted policies"; "shortsighted critics derided the plan"; "myopic thinking"
15. short - adjective
· tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening; "shortbread is a short crumbly cookie"; "a short flaky pie crust"
16. short - adjective
· marked by rude or peremptory shortness; "try to cultivate a less brusque manner"; "a curt reply"; "the salesgirl was very short with him"
17. short - adverb
· quickly and without warning; "he stopped suddenly"
18. short - adverb
· without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold; "he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash"
19. short - adverb
· clean across; "the car's axle snapped short"
20. short - adverb
· at some point or distance before a goal is reached; "he fell short of our expectations"
21. short - adverb
· so as to interrupt; "She took him up short before he could continue"
22. short - adverb
· at a disadvantage; "I was caught short"
23. short - adverb
· in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner; "he told me curtly to get on with it"; "he talked short with everyone"; "he said shortly that he didn't like it"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.