1. shade - noun
· relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body; "it is much cooler in the shade"; "there's too much shadiness to take good photographs"
2. shade - noun
· a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color; "after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
3. shade - noun
· protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight; "they used umbrellas as shades"; "as the sun moved he readjusted the shade"
4. shade - noun
· a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude; "without understanding the finer nuances you can't enjoy the humor"; "don't argue about shades of meaning"
5. shade - noun
· a position of relative inferiority; "an achievement that puts everything else in the shade"; "his brother's success left him in the shade"
6. shade - noun
· a slight amount or degree of difference; "a tad too expensive"; "not a tad of difference"; "the new model is a shade better than the old one"
7. shade - noun
· a mental representation of some haunting experience; "he looked like he had seen a ghost"; "it aroused specters from his past"
8. shade - noun
· a representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
9. shade - noun
· a protective ornamental covering for a lamp, used to screen a light bulb from direct view
10. shade - verb
· cast a shadow over
11. shade - verb
· represent the effect of shade or shadow on
12. shade - verb
· protect from light, heat, or view; "Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
13. shade - verb
· vary slightly; "shade the meaning"
14. shade - verb
· pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree; "the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.