1. shade - noun
· relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body; "it is much cooler in the shade"; "there's too much shadiness to take good photographs"
2. shade - noun
· a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color; "after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
3. shade - noun
· protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight; "they used umbrellas as shades"; "as the sun moved he readjusted the shade"
4. shade - noun
· a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude; "without understanding the finer nuances you can't enjoy the humor"; "don't argue about shades of meaning"
5. shade - noun
· a position of relative inferiority; "an achievement that puts everything else in the shade"; "his brother's success left him in the shade"
6. shade - noun
· a slight amount or degree of difference; "a tad too expensive"; "not a tad of difference"; "the new model is a shade better than the old one"
7. shade - noun
· a mental representation of some haunting experience; "he looked like he had seen a ghost"; "it aroused specters from his past"
8. shade - noun
· a representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
9. shade - noun
· a protective ornamental covering for a lamp, used to screen a light bulb from direct view
10. shade - verb
· cast a shadow over
11. shade - verb
· represent the effect of shade or shadow on
12. shade - verb
· protect from light, heat, or view; "Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
13. shade - verb
· vary slightly; "shade the meaning"
14. shade - verb
· pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree; "the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.