1. sequester - verb
· requisition forcibly, as of enemy property; "the estate was sequestered"
2. sequester - verb
· take temporary possession of as a security, by legal authority; "The FBI seized the drugs"; "The customs agents impounded the illegal shipment"; "The police confiscated the stolen artwork"
3. sequester - verb
· undergo sequestration by forming a stable compound with an ion; "The cations were sequestered"
4. sequester - verb
· keep away from others; "He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
5. sequester - verb
· set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
6. sequestered - adjective
· providing privacy or seclusion; "the cloistered academic world of books"; "sat close together in the sequestered pergola"; "sitting under the reclusive calm of a shade tree"; "a secluded romantic spot"
7. sequestered - adjective
· kept separate and secluded; "a sequestered jury"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.