1. saving - noun
· an act of economizing; reduction in cost; "it was a small economy to walk to work every day"; "there was a saving of 50 cents"
2. saving - noun
· recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
3. saving - noun
· the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
4. save - verb
· save from ruin, destruction, or harm
5. save - verb
· to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
6. save - verb
· bring into safety; "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
7. save - verb
· spend less; buy at a reduced price
8. save - verb
· accumulate money for future use; "He saves half his salary"
9. save - verb
· make unnecessary an expenditure or effort; "This will save money"; "I'll save you the trouble"; "This will save you a lot of time"
10. save - verb
· save from sins
11. save - verb
· refrain from harming
12. save - verb
· spend sparingly, avoid the waste of; "This move will save money"; "The less fortunate will have to economize now"
13. save - verb
· retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger"
14. save - verb
· record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
15. saving - adjective
· bringing about salvation or redemption from sin; "saving faith"; "redemptive (or redeeming) love"
16. saving - adjective
· characterized by thriftiness; "wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution"- Ellen Glasgow
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.