1. sacrifice - noun
· the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
2. sacrifice - noun
· personnel that are sacrificed (e.g., surrendered or lost in order to gain an objective)
3. sacrifice - noun
· a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value; "he had to sell his car at a considerable sacrifice"
4. sacrifice - noun
· the act of killing (an animal or person) in order to propitiate a deity
5. sacrifice - noun
· (baseball) an out that advances the base runners
6. sacrifice - verb
· endure the loss of; "He gave his life for his children"; "I gave two sons to the war"
7. sacrifice - verb
· kill or destroy; "The animals were sacrificed after the experiment"; "The general had to sacrifice several soldiers to save the regiment"
8. sacrifice - verb
· sell at a loss
9. sacrifice - verb
· make a sacrifice of; in religious rituals
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.