1. ringing - noun
· the sound of a bell ringing; "the distinctive ring of the church bell"; "the ringing of the telephone"; "the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"--E. A. Poe
2. ringing - noun
· the giving of a ring as a token of engagement
3. ringing - noun
· having the character of a loud deep sound; the quality of being resonant
4. ring - verb
· sound loudly and sonorously; "the bells rang"
5. ring - verb
· ring or echo with sound; "the hall resounded with laughter"
6. ring - verb
· make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification; "Ring the bells"; "My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
7. ring - verb
· get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
8. ring - verb
· extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
9. ring - verb
· attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.