1. retreat - noun
· (military) withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy's superior forces or after a defeat; "the disorderly retreat of French troops"
2. retreat - noun
· a place of privacy; a place affording peace and quiet
3. retreat - noun
· (military) a signal to begin a withdrawal from a dangerous position
4. retreat - noun
· (military) a bugle call signaling the lowering of the flag at sunset
5. retreat - noun
· an area where you can be alone
6. retreat - noun
· withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation; "the religious retreat is a form of vacation activity"
7. retreat - noun
· the act of withdrawing or going backward (especially to escape something hazardous or unpleasant)
8. retreat - verb
· pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
9. retreat - verb
· move away, as for privacy; "The Pope retreats to Castelgondolfo every summer"
10. retreat - verb
· move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
11. retreat - verb
· make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; "We'll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"; "He backed out of his earlier promise"; "The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.