1. retreat - noun
· (military) withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy's superior forces or after a defeat; "the disorderly retreat of French troops"
2. retreat - noun
· a place of privacy; a place affording peace and quiet
3. retreat - noun
· (military) a signal to begin a withdrawal from a dangerous position
4. retreat - noun
· (military) a bugle call signaling the lowering of the flag at sunset
5. retreat - noun
· an area where you can be alone
6. retreat - noun
· withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation; "the religious retreat is a form of vacation activity"
7. retreat - noun
· the act of withdrawing or going backward (especially to escape something hazardous or unpleasant)
8. retreat - verb
· pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
9. retreat - verb
· move away, as for privacy; "The Pope retreats to Castelgondolfo every summer"
10. retreat - verb
· move back; "The glacier retrogrades"
11. retreat - verb
· make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; "We'll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"; "He backed out of his earlier promise"; "The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.