1. resistance - noun
· the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with; "he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens"; "despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
2. resistance - noun
· any mechanical force that tends to retard or oppose motion
3. resistance - noun
· a material's opposition to the flow of electric current; measured in ohms
4. resistance - noun
· the military action of resisting the enemy's advance; "the enemy offered little resistance"
5. resistance - noun
· (medicine) the condition in which an organism can resist disease
6. resistance - noun
· the capacity of an organism to defend itself against harmful environmental agents; "these trees are widely planted because of their resistance to salt and smog"
7. resistance - noun
· a secret group organized to overthrow a government or occupation force
8. resistance - noun
· the degree of unresponsiveness of a disease-causing microorganism to antibiotics or other drugs (as in penicillin-resistant bacteria)
9. resistance - noun
· (psychiatry) an unwillingness to bring repressed feelings into conscious awareness
10. resistance - noun
· an electrical device that resists the flow of electrical current
11. resistance - noun
· group action in opposition to those in power
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.