1. resistance - noun
· the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with; "he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens"; "despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
2. resistance - noun
· any mechanical force that tends to retard or oppose motion
3. resistance - noun
· a material's opposition to the flow of electric current; measured in ohms
4. resistance - noun
· the military action of resisting the enemy's advance; "the enemy offered little resistance"
5. resistance - noun
· (medicine) the condition in which an organism can resist disease
6. resistance - noun
· the capacity of an organism to defend itself against harmful environmental agents; "these trees are widely planted because of their resistance to salt and smog"
7. resistance - noun
· a secret group organized to overthrow a government or occupation force
8. resistance - noun
· the degree of unresponsiveness of a disease-causing microorganism to antibiotics or other drugs (as in penicillin-resistant bacteria)
9. resistance - noun
· (psychiatry) an unwillingness to bring repressed feelings into conscious awareness
10. resistance - noun
· an electrical device that resists the flow of electrical current
11. resistance - noun
· group action in opposition to those in power
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.