1. reject - verb
· refuse to accept or acknowledge; "I reject the idea of starting a war"; "The journal rejected the student's paper"
2. reject - verb
· refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
3. reject - verb
· deem wrong or inappropriate; "I disapprove of her child rearing methods"
4. reject - verb
· reject with contempt; "She spurned his advances"
5. reject - verb
· resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
6. reject - verb
· refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
7. reject - verb
· dismiss from consideration or a contest; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
8. rejected - adjective
· rebuffed (by a lover) without warning; "jilted at the altar"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.