1. read - noun
· something that is read; "the article was a very good read"
2. read - verb
· interpret something that is written or printed; "read the advertisement"; "Have you read Salman Rushdie?"
3. read - verb
· have or contain a certain wording or form; "The passage reads as follows"; "What does the law say?"
4. read - verb
· look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed; "The King will read the proclamation at noon"
5. read - verb
· obtain data from magnetic tapes or other digital sources; "This dictionary can be read by the computer"
6. read - verb
· interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky; also of human behavior; "She read the sky and predicted rain"; "I can't read his strange behavior"; "The fortune teller read his fate in the crystal ball"
7. read - verb
· interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression; "I read this address as a satire"; "How should I take this message?"
8. read - verb
· be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
9. read - verb
· indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
10. read - verb
· audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role; "He is auditioning for `Julius Caesar' at Stratford this year"
11. read - verb
· to hear and understand; "I read you loud and clear!"
12. read - verb
· make sense of a language; "She understands French"; "Can you read Greek?"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.