1. qualifying - noun
· the grammatical relation that exists when a word qualifies the meaning of the phrase
2. qualifying - noun
· success in satisfying a test or requirement; "his future depended on his passing that test"; "he got a pass in introductory chemistry"
3. qualify - verb
· prove capable or fit; meet requirements
4. qualify - verb
· pronounce fit or able; "She was qualified to run the marathon"; "They nurses were qualified to administer the injections"
5. qualify - verb
· make more specific; "qualify these remarks"
6. qualify - verb
· make fit or prepared; "Your education qualifies you for this job"
7. qualify - verb
· specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement; "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
8. qualify - verb
· describe or portray the character or the qualities or peculiarities of; "You can characterize his behavior as that of an egotist"; "This poem can be characterized as a lament for a dead lover"
9. qualify - verb
· add a modifier to a constituent
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.