1. pulse - noun
· (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients); "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
2. pulse - noun
· the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"
3. pulse - noun
· the rate at which the heart beats; usually measured to obtain a quick evaluation of a person's health
4. pulse - noun
· edible seeds of various pod-bearing plants (peas or beans or lentils etc.)
5. pulse - verb
· expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
6. pulse - verb
· produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses; "pulse waves"; "a transmitter pulsed by an electronic tube"
7. pulse - verb
· drive by or as if by pulsation; "A soft breeze pulsed the air"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.