1. proof - noun
· any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something; "if you have any proof for what you say, now is the time to produce it"
2. proof - noun
· a formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it
3. proof - noun
· a measure of alcoholic strength expressed as an integer twice the percentage of alcohol present (by volume)
4. proof - noun
· (printing) an impression made to check for errors
5. proof - noun
· a trial photographic print from a negative
6. proof - noun
· the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something
7. proof - verb
· make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset
8. proof - verb
· knead to reach proper lightness; "proof dough"
9. proof - verb
· read for errors; "I should proofread my manuscripts"
10. proof - verb
· activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk; "proof yeast"
11. proof - verb
· make resistant (to harm); "proof the materials against shrinking in the dryer"
12. proof - adjective
· (used in combination or as a suffix) able to withstand; "temptation-proof"; "childproof locks"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.