1. profess - verb
· practice as a profession, teach, or claim to be knowledgeable about; "She professes organic chemistry"
2. profess - verb
· confess one's faith in, or allegiance to; "The terrorists professed allegiance to their country"; "he professes to be a Communist"
3. profess - verb
· admit (to a wrongdoing); "She confessed that she had taken the money"
4. profess - verb
· state freely; "The teacher professed that he was not generous when it came to giving good grades"
5. profess - verb
· receive into a religious order or congregation
6. profess - verb
· take vows, as in religious order; "she professed herself as a nun"
7. profess - verb
· state insincerely; "He professed innocence but later admitted his guilt"; "She pretended not to have known the suicide bomber"; "She pretends to be an expert on wine"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.