1. planting - noun
· the act of fixing firmly in place; "he ordered the planting of policemen outside every doorway"
2. planting - noun
· a collection of plants (trees or shrubs or flowers) in a particular area; "the landscape architect suggested a small planting in the northwest corner"
3. planting - noun
· putting seeds or young plants in the ground to grow; "the planting of corn is hard work"
4. plant - verb
· put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground; "Let's plant flowers in the garden"
5. plant - verb
· fix or set securely or deeply; "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
6. plant - verb
· set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
7. plant - verb
· place into a river; "plant fish"
8. plant - verb
· place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive; "Plant a spy in Moscow"; "plant bugs in the dissident's apartment"
9. plant - verb
· put firmly in the mind; "Plant a thought in the students' minds"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.