1. over - noun
· (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
2. over - adjective
· having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"
3. over - adverb
· at or to a point across intervening space etc.; "come over and see us some time"; "over there"
4. over - adverb
· throughout an area; "he is known the world over"
5. over - adverb
· throughout a period of time; "stay over the weekend"
6. over - adverb
· beyond the top or upper surface or edge; forward from an upright position; "a roof that hangs over"
7. over - adverb
· over the entire area; "the wallpaper was covered all over with flowers"; "she ached all over"; "everything was dusted over with a fine layer of soot"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.