1. now - noun
· the momentary present; "Now is a good time to do it"; "it worked up to right now"
2. now - adverb
· in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events; "President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard"; "Washington now decides to cross the Delaware"; "the ship is now listing to port"
3. now - adverb
· in these times; "it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford; "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"; "today almost every home has television"
4. now - adverb
· used to preface a command or reproof or request; "now hear this!"; "now pay attention"
5. now - adverb
· at the present moment; "goods now on sale"; "the now-aging dictator"; "they are now abroad"; "he is busy at present writing a new novel"; "it could happen any time now"
6. now - adverb
· without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening; "he answered immediately"; "found an answer straightaway"; "an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith"; "Come here now!"
7. now - adverb
· (prefatory or transitional) indicates a change of subject or activity; "Now the next problem is..."
8. now - adverb
· in the immediate past; "told me just now"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.