1. generic - noun
· wine that does not meet the minimum qualifications and standards for use of a designation by appellation of origin (where the grapes are grown) or by varietal content; may only be labeled by proprietary (made-up) name, by general color (such as `vin rouge', `vino rosso', `rotwein', `red wine', etc.), or by general class (as `vin ordinaire', `vin de table', `vino da tavola', `tafelwein', `table wine', etc.)
2. generic - noun
· any product that can be sold without a brand name
3. generic - adjective
· relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus; "the generic name"
4. generic - adjective
· (of drugs) not protected by trademark; "`Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'"
5. generic - adjective
· applicable to an entire class or group; "is there a generic Asian mind?"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.