1. flood - noun
· the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land; "plains fertilized by annual inundations"
2. flood - noun
· an overwhelming number or amount; "a flood of requests"; "a torrent of abuse"
Hypernym(s): batch, deal, flock, good_deal, great_deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite_a_little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy_sum, wad
3. flood - noun
· light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography
4. flood - noun
· a large flow
5. flood - noun
· the act of flooding; filling to overflowing
6. flood - noun
· the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide); "a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune" -Shakespeare
7. flood - verb
· fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid; "the basement was inundated after the storm"; "The images flooded his mind"
8. flood - verb
· cover with liquid, usually water; "The swollen river flooded the village"; "The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
9. flood - verb
· supply with an excess of; "flood the market with tennis shoes"; "Glut the country with cheap imports from the Orient"
10. flood - verb
· become filled to overflowing; "Our basement flooded during the heavy rains"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.