1. distinguish - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
2. distinguish - verb
· detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
3. distinguish - verb
· be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
4. distinguish - verb
· make conspicuous or noteworthy
5. distinguish - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
6. distinguished - adjective
· (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation; "our distinguished professor"
7. distinguished - adjective
· used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person; "his distinguished bearing"; "the monarch's imposing presence"; "she reigned in magisterial beauty"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.