1. deaden - verb
· make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
2. deaden - verb
· cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients; "girdle the plant"
3. deaden - verb
· make vapid or deprive of spirit; "deadened wine"
4. deaden - verb
· lessen the momentum or velocity of; "deaden a ship's headway"
5. deaden - verb
· become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active; lose life, force, or vigor
6. deaden - verb
· make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation; "Terror blunted her feelings"; "deaden a sound"
7. deaden - verb
· convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
8. deadened - adjective
· devoid of physical sensation; numb; "his gums were dead from the novocain"; "she felt no discomfort as the dentist drilled her deadened tooth"; "a public desensitized by continuous television coverage of atrocities"
9. deadened - adjective
· made or become less intense; "the deadened pangs of hunger"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.