1. black - noun
· the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
2. black - noun
· total absence of light; "they fumbled around in total darkness"; "in the black of night"
3. black - noun
· British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799)
4. black - noun
· popular child actress of the 1930's (born in 1928)
5. black - noun
· a person with African ancestry, "Negro" and "Negroid" are archaic and pejorative today
6. black - noun
· (board games) the darker pieces
7. black - noun
· black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning); "the widow wore black"
8. black - verb
· make or become black; "The smoke blackened the ceiling"; "The ceiling blackened"
9. black - adjective
· being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness; having little or no hue owing to absorption of almost all incident light; "black leather jackets"; "as black as coal"; "rich black soil"
10. black - adjective
· of or belonging to a racial group especially of sub-Saharan African origin; "a great people--a black people--...injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization"- Martin Luther King Jr.
11. black - adjective
· marked by anger or resentment or hostility; "black looks"; "black words"
12. black - adjective
· offering little or no hope; "the future looked black"; "prospects were bleak"; "Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"- J.M.Synge; "took a dim view of things"
13. black - adjective
· stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable; "black deeds"; "a black lie"; "his black heart has concocted yet another black deed"; "Darth Vader of the dark side"; "a dark purpose"; "dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility"; "the scheme of some sinister intelligence bent on punishing him"-Thomas Hardy
14. black - adjective
· (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin; "the stock market crashed on Black Friday"; "a calamitous defeat"; "the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"; "such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory"- Charles Darwin; "it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it"- Douglas MacArthur; "a fateful error"
15. black - adjective
· (of the face) made black especially as with suffused blood; "a face black with fury"
16. black - adjective
· extremely dark; "a black moonless night"; "through the pitch-black woods"; "it was pitch-dark in the cellar"
17. black - adjective
· harshly ironic or sinister; "black humor"; "a grim joke"; "grim laughter"; "fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit"
18. black - adjective
· (of intelligence operations) deliberately misleading; "black propaganda"
19. black - adjective
· distributed or sold illicitly; "the black economy pays no taxes"
20. black - adjective
· (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame; "Man...has written one of his blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands"- Rachel Carson; "an ignominious retreat"; "inglorious defeat"; "an opprobrious monument to human greed"; "a shameful display of cowardice"
21. black - adjective
· (of coffee) without cream or sugar
22. black - adjective
· soiled with dirt or soot; "with feet black from playing outdoors"; "his shirt was black within an hour"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.