1. backbone - noun
· a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm"
2. backbone - noun
· fortitude and determination; "he didn't have the guts to try it"
3. backbone - noun
· the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back"
4. backbone - noun
· the part of a book's cover that encloses the inner side of the book's pages and that faces outward when the book is shelved; "the title and author were printed on the spine of the book"
5. backbone - noun
· the part of a network that connects other networks together; "the backbone is the part of a communication network that carries the heaviest traffic"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.