1. acts - noun
· a New Testament book describing the development of the early church from Christ's Ascension to Paul's sojourn at Rome
2. act - noun
· a legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body
3. act - noun
· something that people do or cause to happen
4. act - noun
· a subdivision of a play or opera or ballet
5. act - noun
· a short performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
6. act - noun
· a manifestation of insincerity; "he put on quite an act for her benefit"
7. act - verb
· perform an action, or work out or perform (an action); "think before you act"; "We must move quickly"; "The governor should act on the new energy bill"; "The nanny acted quickly by grabbing the toddler and covering him with a wet towel"
8. act - verb
· behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
9. act - verb
· play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
10. act - verb
· discharge one's duties; "She acts as the chair"; "In what capacity are you acting?"
11. act - verb
· pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
12. act - verb
· be suitable for theatrical performance; "This scene acts well"
13. act - verb
· have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected; "The voting process doesn't work as well as people thought"; "How does your idea work in practice?"; "This method doesn't work"; "The breaks of my new car act quickly"; "The medicine works only if you take it with a lot of water"
14. act - verb
· be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure
15. act - verb
· behave unnaturally or affectedly; "She's just acting"
16. act - verb
· perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar'"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.